Introducing English Language professions
ENGLISH LANGUAGE CAREER (FOREIGN LANGUAGE – ECONOMIC)
5th Floor – Building A, Hanoi High-Tech Vocational College
Tay Mo Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi City
Phone: (024) 3765 3896
Subjects of enrollment: Graduated from high school, junior high school or equivalent
Degree after graduation: Diploma of Vocational College, Intermediate vocational
Training time: 0 3 years (for vocational college training), 02 years (for vocational secondary training).
1. GENERAL INFORMATION:
English plays an important role in the period of integration and globalization. English is the language that helps to connect globally in cooperation and investment in all areas such as education, health, business, commerce, technology, tourism, etc. Therefore, the mission of the Faculty of Foreign Languages - Economics is to equip students with English Language majors in English, American, American and American knowledge, English communication skills as well as soft skills so that students can compete in the job market. international.
2. TRAINING OBJECTIVES:
The English language training program provides learners with practical knowledge, broad theoretical knowledge about the English language industry ; basic knowledge of politics, culture , society, law and information technology ;Cognitive skills, professional practice skills and behavioral communication skills needed to solve complex tasks or problems, working independently or in groups under changing working conditions, responsible individual, minimum instructional responsibilities, monitoring and evaluation for the team performing the specified tasks .
After graduation, learners can continue to study by themselves, participate in higher education, accumulate important personal and professional skills and qualifications to become experts in their professional fields. me
PROGRAM, FORM AND TRAINING TIME
In order to meet the needs of society, the English language industry at HHT has enough training programs such as:
|No.||Training system||Training time||Tuition||Object|
|first||Short-term system||3-6 months||VND 3,000,000 – VND 6,000,000 / lock||All ages|
|2||Intermediate vocational training system||2 years||570,000 VND / month||Graduated from secondary and high school|
|3||Vocational college system||3 years||650,000 VND / month||high school graduation|
|4||Training link system||Associated with: School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies – Victoria University of WellingtonCollege Degree|
3. STANDARD OUTPUT
Students with B2 English level according to 6 levels of foreign language competency framework for Vietnam (according to Circular No. 01/2014 / TT-BGDDT Hanoi, January 24, 2014).
Below is a reference table that converts some foreign language certificates equivalent to B2 level in the European framework:
|B2||5.5||First FCE||Business Vantage||60||600||500 BPT173 CBT|
Describe the competence level of B2 English:
It is possible to understand the main ideas of complex texts on specific and abstract topics, including technical discussions about their area of expertise.
Can interact with a level of fluency and nature that makes it easy to communicate regularly with native speakers without straining both sides.
Clear and detailed documents can be written on a variety of topics and explain a point of view on a current issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of different options.
4. Job placement
The school ensures 100% of graduates will get a job.
Career orientation of Bachelor of English Language
Group 1 : Office Administration orientation:
– Office Administrator
– Project Management Staff
– Human Resource Management
– Tour operator
– Communication officer
– Assistant to business administration
Group 2 : Translation Orientation:
– Translator / Interpreter / Editor
– Office secretary / Foreign Assistant / Tour guide
Group 3 : Orientation of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
People trained in English language orientation Applied linguistics can take positions such as: linguistic teaching staff, applied linguistics at English training institutions, scientific researchers majoring in language, applied linguistics, staff in charge of communication at agencies …
5. WHY SHOULD YOU LEARN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SCHOOL – AT HHT?
5.1. No worries about lack of jobs – Open job opportunities :
– English is an international language, making up a very important part in job applications as well as applications in life.
– English is the common language of the world, there are currently 50 countries using English as the main language, nearly 80 countries use English as a second language.
– As a common language all over the world, owning this global language is considered the golden key of integration for each individual who wants to succeed at work.
– According to Trade.vn, the number of foreign representative offices in Vietnam reached 1454, of which Singapore is 270 companies, Japan 226, Hong Kong 148 and Korea is 196 companies. The diversity of foreign companies in Vietnam is a great opportunity for the recruitment of English workers. Not only that, opportunities to encroach upon, challenge yourself with many professions are outstanding advantages of English study. A lot of prospects for the current and future English industry especially in the integration period.And yet, English is also used in global diplomacy, the official language of the European Union, the United Nations, NATO, the European Free Trade Association and many organizations and national unions. another sacrifice. Therefore, English industry is always an important discipline in all fields.
Moreover, Khoa NN – KT signed a cooperation agreement with enterprises and schools to help students practice, practice teaching, participate in assessment and recruitment. The school ensures 100% of graduates will get jobs.
5.2. Salary “hot” salary “crisis” :
Search for the keyword “translator jobs”, “English translator jobs” over 2 million results returned by Google in less than 1 second. The popular recruitment channels in Vietnam today such as Vietnamworks, CareerLink, Jobstreet, My Work … all post a lot of recruitment information for English language workers.
The salary that businesses for English language personnel are also very attractive, averaging from 400-700 USD / month. For senior positions or working for global companies, this number could reach $ 1,000 or higher. In addition, many businesses allow salaries for English language workers to be “Competing” or “Negotiating” to expand the payroll, commensurate with the competency of the candidates when undergoing recruitment rounds. . This shows that the language industry has been “thirsty” of human resources, especially young people with good skills. At the same time, businesses are willing to offer attractive salaries for these positions.
5.3. The theoretical training program is coupled with practice, focusing on skills training.
Theoretical learning is interwoven with practical practice in and outside foreign enterprises. Especially, students can take part in English competitions from small to large scale inside and outside the school. Students are equipped with soft skills, international ICDL information, IELTS 5.5 … guaranteed before graduation.
5.4. High quality teaching staff
Professional, dedicated and qualified teachers, who achieve the TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test), are awarded by Cambridge.
5.5. Modern and spacious facilities
In addition to the electronic library with many books, classrooms with enough teaching facilities, Khoa is also equipped with a practical room to help students approach close to reality. School facilities are synchronous and spacious.
5.6. Be connected to university with a major immediately after graduation.
Opportunity to study at university: with all universities having English language training at top universities.
6. OTHER INFORMATION.
– Students are trained in specialization and especially communicate and learn directly with foreign teachers from New Zealand and other English-speaking countries.
– Students can practice foreign languages for free at the Lab and foreign language clubs where regular foreign teachers are supported.
– Students can self-study to improve their knowledge at the library with a lot of new books that are entered by the school every week.
– Students who study foreign languages are either Japanese or Korean directly with foreign teachers.